Blades to celebrate 30 years at SaskTel Centre on Saturday
Saskatoon, SK – The Saskatoon Blades along with SaskTel Centre will be celebrating 30 years together on Saturday night as the place the Blades calls home turns 30!
SaskTel Centre, Saskatoon’s home for sports and entertainment, announced earlier this week a year-long celebration to commemorate its’ 30th anniversary.
The launch will take place on Saturday, February 10th when the Saskatoon Blades play host to the Prince Albert Raiders. The game will feature a pre-game ceremony, free 30th birthday cake, memorabilia displays and post-game indoor fireworks. There will also be 30 prize giveaways throughout the game including a pair of Saskatoon Blades season tickets.
A splash of the man standing guard outside SaskTel Centre will be involved. Gordie Howe’s son, Murray Howe, will be in attendance signing copies of his new novel: “Nine Lessons I Learned From My Father”.
Doors open for the game at 6:00 p.m., game starts at 7:00 p.m. Tickets are on special price at 2 for $30 and are on sale now at ticketmaster.ca.
SASKTEL CENTRE QUICK FACTS:
- First Concert: Oak Ridge Boys on March 17, 1988.
- First Hockey Game: February 9, 1988 Saskatoon Blades vs. Brandon Wheat Kings
- Most shows by one artist: Garth Brooks (9); 2016 (6), 1993 (1), 1996 (2). Runner-up: The Tragically Hip (8)
- Largest attended Concert: Garth Brooks 2016
- Largest attended Hockey game: Saskatoon Blades vs. Brandon Wheat Kings, February 9, 2013