Join Our Team: Media Intern
The Saskatoon Blades are currently seeking individuals who are passionate about sports and looking to gain experience in the industry.
We are looking for an intern(s) to assist in our media and communications department, with a strong focus on videography and social media. This opportunity will give you hands on experience of the media side of sports. The Blades offer a terrific work environment and plenty of room for growth within our organization. Our main goal is to provide our audience with quality content on all of our media channels.
The complete job description is listed below:
Saskatoon Blades Intern – Saskatoon Blades Hockey Club (Saskatoon, SK)
Job Title: Saskatoon Blades Intern
Department: Media & Communications
Reporting: Manager of Communications
This position has various roles which will be assigned based on skills and comfort level including:
- filming & editing video – pre & post game player & coach interviews, special features, game highlights, press conferences, etc.
- assisting with social media such as Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, and Instagram
- coordinating & creating content on the Blades website and mobile app
- assisting with graphic design for promotional products
- acting as team liaison with local media
- support, planning, and execution of community events, player appearances, and press conferences
- facilitate needs of media on game days
- other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge/Skills/Job Qualifications:
- Organized with the ability to multi-task and problem solve in a fast paced work environment
- Strong creative skills and knowledge of hockey
- Familiar with all social media platforms
- Ability to collaborate and work well with others
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, outgoing and ambitious
- Flexible schedule – Must be able to work evenings and weekends (36 regular season home games)
- Must be dependable and have a positive attitude
- Must have a reliable source of transportation
Education and Formal Training:
- High School Diploma or equivalent education required
- Preferred to be enrolled at a qualified educational institution of higher learning
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop & Premiere Pro an asset but not required
- Experience with video camera an asset but not required (it’s an internship, we’ll train you!)
Material and Equipment Used:
- Cell phone
- Laptop computer (preferred)
This is an internship with great opportunity to break into both the business of sports and local media within Saskatoon. The selected individual(s) will be given responsibilities and tasks based on ambition and eagerness to learn. There is also opportunity to gain on camera and hosting experience if desired.
This is an unpaid position, but depending on the applicant a college credit can be earned if applicable to your course.
To apply please email resume and cover letter to Tyler Wawryk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 306.975.8844 ext.25 for more information.