Manager of Ticket Sales – Saskatoon Blades Hockey Club (Saskatoon, SK)
Job Title: Manager of Ticket Sales
Department: Business Operations
Reporting: VP of Business Operations
The Manager of Ticket Sales will be responsible for but not limited to all aspects of the development and implementation of all ticket sales strategies. The Manager of Ticket Sales responsibilities include maximizing revenues for the hockey club in areas of full & half seasons, flex packs and contributing to group ticket sales. In addition, the Manager of Ticket Sales will be responsible for the ticket sales staff achieving sales quotas and the management of the team’s data base. The Manager of Ticket Sales will also provide support to the V.P of Business Operation in areas of customer service; corporate sponsorships, marketing in all areas, ticket package upgrades, fan relations and answering general inquiries.
- Manage, build and direct a ticket sales team
- Manage the ticket sales departments number of sales calls per week.
- Develop new sales leads and prospects every day, both face to face and over the phone.
- Achieve and exceed pre-determined sales quotas for all ticket products.
- Manage season ticket, flex pack, group and single game ticket requests.
- Develop and implement uniquely themed ticket packages.
- Account management; ensure client issues are resolved and recorded.
- Assist with facilitating and maintaining payment plans; following up with subscribers on payment plans to ensure completion of payments.
- Fielding all customer service related issues during games and special events.
- Assist in all ticket sales & services in seat relocations and all customer service issues.
- Generate new sales leads for cold calling for the packages.
- Meet and exceed both weekly and monthly sales goals and department goals.
- Minimum 3 years management and Ticketmaster (Archtics) experience.
- University/College degree majoring in a related field. (Business, Marketing, Sales, Sport marketing/sales, Communications, etc).
- Individuals willing to work hard daily, handle multiple tasks, work in a fast-paced environment and are willing to do the job necessary to help the hockey club achieve its revenue goals,
- Maintain strong professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders and work effectively with all levels of employees is critical.
- Hardworking, dependable & motivated self starter.
- Exceptional interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Strong marketing and sales skills, communication skills, and organizational skills.
- Proven oral, written and presentation skills.
- Creative and innovative team player with cooperative attitude. Computer literate; strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Database maintenance system, graphics software such as Publisher and Illustrator.
- Must be available to work flexible hours, which include game nights, weekends, holidays, and promotional events
- Excellence in organization, prioritization, and strong customer service. Valid driver’s license & personal transportation.
To apply, please send your resume & cover letter to:
VP of Business Operations
Saskatoon Blades Hockey Club
Saskatoon Blades Communications Intern – Saskatoon Blades Hockey Club (Saskatoon, SK)
Job Title: Saskatoon Blades Communications Intern
Department: Media & Communications
Reporting: Manager of Communications
This position has various roles which will be assigned based on skills and comfort level including:
- filming & editing video – pre & post game player & coach interviews, special features, game highlights, press conferences, etc.
- assisting with social media such as Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, and Instagram
- coordinating & creating content on the Blades website and mobile app
- assisting with graphic design for promotional products
- acting as team liaison with local media
- support, planning, and execution of community events, player appearances, and press conferences
- facilitate needs of media on game days
- other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge/Skills/Job Qualifications:
- Organized with the ability to multi-task and problem solve in a fast paced work environment
- Strong creative skills and knowledge of hockey
- Familiar with all social media platforms
- Ability to collaborate and work well with others
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, outgoing and ambitious
- Flexible schedule – Must be able to work evenings and weekends (36 regular season home games)
- Must be dependable and have a positive attitude
- Must have a reliable source of transportation
Education and Formal Training:
- High School Diploma or equivalent education required
- Preferred to be enrolled at a qualified educational institution of higher learning
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop & Premiere Pro an asset but not required
- Experience with video camera an asset but not required (it’s an internship, we’ll train you!)
Material and Equipment Used:
- Cell phone
- Laptop computer (preferred)
This is an internship with great opportunity to break into both the business of sports and local media within Saskatoon. The selected individual(s) will be given responsibilities and tasks based on ambition and eagerness to learn. There is also opportunity to gain on-camera and hosting experience if desired.
This is an unpaid position, but depending on the applicant a college credit can be earned if applicable to your course.
To apply please email resume and cover letter to Tyler Wawryk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 306.975.8844 ext.25 for more information.