It’s Toonie Tuesday at SaskTel Centre! Buy one ticket for the game and receive a 2nd for only $2.00! Also enjoy $2 fountain drinks and popcorn from the concession!
Tonight the Saskatoon Blades play host to the Western Conference leading Victoria Royals. It’s the first and only meeting of the season between the two clubs, and the first trip back to SaskTel Centre for Victoria since November 1st of 2015. Saskatoon brings a 3-6-1-0 record into the contest against a power house Royals roster boasting a 9-3-1-0 record.
The Blades could get a much needed boost of confidence with a win over the Royals, but they’ll need to see an improvement on the penalty kill in order to do so. The PK currently sits in the bottom of the WHL while the Royals’ power play unit has tallied a whopping 23 times already this season on 79 chances. Both the 23 goals and 79 opportunities are tops in the league, but the success rate is 5th overall at 29.1%. Needless to say, discipline will be crucial.
Saskatoon will also look to shake of their woes on home ice; with only three wins on the season the road hasn’t been much better but a 1-4 record in your own barn doesn’t exactly scream home ice advantage. An aggressive start and keeping the pedal down may be enough to expose a weary group from Victoria nearing the end of a gruelling road trip.
Chase Wouters and Cam Hebig have had the hot sticks for the Blades recently. Hebig leads the team in scoring with 14 points
though 8 games this season, and is currently riding a 3 game streak which includes 3 goals and 2 helpers. Wouters is coming off a 2 point performance on Saturday, giving the 17-year-old centre 4 points in his last 4 contests and 6 in total on the year through 10 games.
Download & view the full game notes: game notes vs VIC Oct24
- It’s Toonie Tuesday! Buy 1 ticket at the door and get a 2nd for only $2! Fountain drinks & popcorn on sale for only $2!
- Cam Hebig looks to extend his point streak to 4 games
- Magnet schedules are out and will be available FREE at the doors
- Ryan Kubic is expected to make his 6th straight start in goal for the Blades
- Seth Bafaro is the program feature player of the game. Seth will be signing autographs on the concourse by the Frozen Pond post-game.