The Saskatoon Blades are looking to add an ambitious sales professional to our front office as we prepare to return to the ice in the near future. Are you passionate about bringing people together through the power of sport? Do you enjoy working in an energetic and fast paced industry? Are you bursting at the seams with creative ideas? Are you a competitive person that enjoys taking on a new challenge every day? If you’ve answered yes to any of these, we want to hear from you!
As a member of our ticket sales team you will be involved in all aspects of the development and implementation of our ticket sales strategies. Responsibilities include maximizing revenues for the hockey club through ticket sales including season memberships, group sales & experience packages, corporate partner tickets, and luxury suite rentals. In addition, you will also be involved in creating and providing sales leads, and the management of the team’s data base. As a senior member of our sales team you will also provide support to the Director of Business Operations in areas of customer service; corporate sponsorships, marketing in all areas, ticket package upgrades, fan relations and answering general inquiries.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage group, membership, and suite accounts.
- Provide direction and guidance to other sales executives.
- Develop new sales leads and prospects.
- Achieve and exceed pre-determined sales quotas for all ticket products.
- Manage season ticket, flex pack, group and single game ticket requests.
- Assist in the development and implementation of uniquely themed ticket packages.
- Account management; ensure client issues are resolved and recorded.
- Assist with facilitating and maintaining payment plans; following up with subscribers on payment plans to ensure completion of payments.
- Fielding customer service related issues during games and special events.
- Assist in ticket sales & services in seat relocations and all customer service issues.
- Meet and exceed both weekly and monthly sales goals and department goals.
- Minimum 2 years sales experience.
- Ticketmaster (Archtics) experience, or related ticketing platform.
- Maintain strong professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders and work effectively with all levels of employees is critical.
- Hardworking, dependable & motivated self starter.
- Exceptional interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Strong marketing and sales skills, communication skills, and organizational skills.
- Proven oral, written and presentation skills.
- Creative and innovative team player with cooperative attitude. Computer literate; strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, graphics software such as Publisher and Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, etc. an asset.
- Must be willing to commit to the demanding schedule of working sports; flexible hours, which include game nights, weekends, holidays, and promotional events.
- Excellence in organization, prioritization, and strong customer service. Valid driver’s license & personal transportation.
*start date contingent on 2020-21 hockey season schedule*
To apply, please send resume & cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org