Stantec Shootout for Charity
The Stantec Shootout for Charity is back for a second year! After a successful pilot season last year, Stantec has once again partnered with the Saskatoon Blades in this initiative aimed to benefit up to 16 local charitable organizations. We look forward to hosting 10 new companies at the tournament this year, with several new charities also being represented.
This year’s shooters and their respective charities are as follow:
- PCL Construction – United Way
- Conexus Credit Union – STARS Air Ambulance
- Wheaton GM – Autism Services of Saskatoon
- Saskatoon Firefighters Union – Saskatoon Firefighters Paediatric Fund
- Canadian Tire – JumpStart
- Saskatoon Media Group – Do More Ag Foundation
- CTV – Kid Sport
- Brandt Industries – Heart & Stroke
- Al Anderson’s Source for Sports – Team Naomi Get Well Now
- Alliance Energy – Care & Share Saskatoon
- K+S Potash Canada / YMCA – YMCA Strong Kids
- Sutherland Auto – Children’s Wish Foundation fo Canada, Saskatchewan Chapter
- Wendel Clarks’ Classic Grill & Bar – Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital Foundation
- Community Development Corporation – White Buffalo Youth Lodge
- Athabasca Basin Security – MS Society
- Stantec – Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada
The first round of the tournament concludes on this Saturday, January 25th.
Round two, the semi-finals & 3rd place matchup of the shootout will take place from January 28th to March 6th. The Championship shootout will occur at the Blades’ last regular season game of the season on Saturday, March 21st, against the Prince Albert Raiders.
The 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed teams will be awarded the following prize money to be donated to their charity of choice.
1st Place – $2,500
2nd Place – $1,500
3rd Place – $1,000
Standings as of January 17th